This is a true "pay what you want offer". If you want it free then simply type 0 in the price box. However, if you would like to support me to continue designing patterns please consider a small amount of your choice, even £2 helps. Thank you.
A dear friend of mine asked me to create a simple long sleeved cardigan for her to knit. And so this was designed for you, Estelle.
The cardigan is a top-down raglan sleeve garment. The collar is cast on and starts immediately. Next increases are worked to shape the front, back, and sleeves. The sleeves stitches are then placed on stitch holders, and the front and back are joined and worked straight, including the hem. The sleeve stitches are then picked up and worked in the round. The button band is worked as you go.
It is a quick and simple design that looks good in any colour. I hope you enjoy making this cardigan to keep a little one in your life warm and snuggly!
- Any standard DK weight yarn (the medium preemie size used approx. 120m and the large preemie size used approx. 150m)
- 4.0mm straight or circular knitting needles
- 4.0mm DPNs
- Stitch Markers
- 4/5 buttons
- Darning Needle
- Knit & Purl
- Increases & Decreases
- Selvedge Edge
- Knitting in the round (sleeves only)
- 32cm chest circumference - approx. 3-4lbs - medium preemie
- 36cm chest circumference - approx. 5-6lbs - large preemie