The original Sweetpea Cardigan was written in an aran/worsted weight yarn. Since knitting for baby charities I realised that most charities prefer DK weight yarn. So with a little math, the Sweetpea Cardigan (DK Version) was created.
The Sweetpea Cardigan is named after my father’s nickname for me when I was little. Starting with the collar at the top, increases are added to make the shoulders and short sleeves. The sleeves are then cast off and the front and back sections joined together all the way to the hem at the very end.
- Any standard DK weight yarn
- 4.0mm knitting needles
- Stitch Markers
- 5-9 buttons (depending on size)
- Darning Needle
- Knit & Purl
- Increases & Decreases
- Selvedge Edge
- 40cm chest circumference - 7-8 lbs - newborn
- 44cm chest circumference - 0-3 months
- 48cm chest circumference - 3-6 months
- 52cm chest circumference - 6-12 months
- 54cm chest circumference - 12-18 months
- 56cm chest circumference - 18-24 months
Please see the "Preemie Sweetpea Cardigan Knitting Pattern" for medium and large preemie baby sizes.