These snug-fitting fingerless mittens have been my go-to comfort pattern for many, many years now. When I don’t know what to make, I make this.
It has comforted me through family losses, anxiety and stress, knitting anhedonia, as well as last minute panic gifts.
This pattern gives me great comfort - it’s like a hug for the hands - but I’ve never been ready to share it with anyone. But now that I am no longer the bottom branch on my family tree, deep down I know it’s time to share it. Even if I am a little anxious about sharing it still!
I hope it brings you some comfort like it has done for me.
- Includes 5 sizes to keep the whole family warm
- Use the same yarn to make larger sizes as your kids grow
- Step by step photo tutorial shows you exactly how to sew them up with ease
- Make multiple pairs from one ball of 100g of yarn
- Uses standard DK yarn to help you use up stash
- Looks fabulous with variegated coloured yarns you have no idea what to make with
- Knits up quickly for perfect last minute gifts - up to 4 hours total for the adult size
- Garter stitch and short row design creates a snug fit that's like a #hugforthehands
- Open end means you can use your fingers and thumbs with ease still
- Longer wrist fits neatly under long sleeved tops to prevent any gaps for cold
- Make professional looking products with the almost invisible seaming technique
- Quick and easy pattern for charity knitting
- Make some extra money by selling your knitted mittens at craft fairs and online*
When you buy the Ancestral Fingerless Mittens pattern today, you will also receive the "handcrafted just for you" gift wraps PDF printable. It fits perfectly around the wrist of the mittens and adds an extra special touch to gifts.
Each mitten is worked flat in one piece. The cast on and cast off edges are then seamed together to run down the back of the hand and wrist. These mittens work up super quick - approximately 2-4 hours total depending on the size you make - and are fabulous for gift giving and stash busting. The garter stitch fabric creates a snug fit, leaving fingers free for use, and it is brilliant for showing off any smooth yarn - whether it be a solid colour, a gentle tonal, or the wildest coloured yarn you can find!
- 1 skein standard double knit weight yarn (approx 300m / 100g)
- 4.0mm knitting needles
- Darning Needle
- Wrap & Turn
- Selvedge Edge
Sizing: 2-4 years, 5-7 years, 8-10 years, 11-15 years, adult.
*Note: I am happy for you to sell your finished products from any of my patterns. If you would like to sell the written pattern itself please contact me to discuss becoming an affiliate, where you earn a percentage of every sale that you generate.
2 x PDF Documents
Fully Written Instructions
"Hand Crafted" Printable Gift Band
Weblink to Sewing Up Photo Tutorial (included in pattern PDF)
- 2 x PDF Documents
- Fully Written Instructions
- "Hand Crafted" Printable Gift Band
- Weblink to Sewing Up Photo Tutorial (included in pattern PDF)